JLS (jlsjlsjls) wrote,

  • Mood:

The name of the whatchamacallit ...

All websites have, when you visit them, a mini-icon that appears in the address bar along with the URL (the default for IE users is the Explorer swirly-E, but some sites have customized icons ... for LJ, it's their little blue pencil); you click and drag this icon to add the site to your Links or Favorites Bar (depending on which version of Explorer you're using)

Is there an "official" name/term for this thing? I'm interested in learning the how/where of their creation, but no luck looking under images, icons, links, buttons, bookmarking, favorites, or URLs in the indexes of the various HTML how-to resources available to me. Using "View Source" to look at the structure of the webpages hasn't helped either ... one has to know what one is looking for to look for it.

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.