JLS (jlsjlsjls) wrote,
JLS
jlsjlsjls

My grand accomplishment for today ...

Poor ol' Slain has been languishing for ages because I discovered the stitch count was off by one!!! after I'd gotten quite a bit past where the last photo shows (had completed a second green section plus a thick dark brown band echoing the visible orange and green section but on a much larger scale). Yeah, I could have fudged it but it's the perfectionist principle of the thing to want it done right; plus since the increases are part of the edging even though I couldn't currently see where the error had occurred there was every chance it would stand out like a neon sign after the thing was blocked (knitting can be perverse that way). Or, equally bad, it could have been an undetected dropped stitch that would unravel and put a big run in the shawl during blocking. So finally psyched myself up and ended up undoing close to three dozen rows averaging over a couple hundred stitches apiece, stitch by stitch, until I finally found the spot where I screwed up. So now I can knit forward again! (two rows redone already ... one small step and all that jazz)
Tags: knitting
Subscribe

  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments